Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Introspective

The scope of my ambition has considerably narrowed over time. There was a time when my brand was more widely known in my targeted market. I marveled at the notoriety and success I had found through following my impulse to create, be self-sustaining and, along the way, create a few modest job opportunities for fellow artisans. The marketing and promotion, however, took over my life to an unwelcome extent, to the point of frustration and dissatisfaction that undermined my creativity. Fast forward nearly a decade: My artisanal efforts nowadays mainly indulge my compulsion to make stuff with my hands, and hopefully pay for the habit. Sales are fine, and my studio is alive with newly dyed colorful fiber waiting to be worked. 



Just made this piece for a special order.  Enjoying the simple pleasures of color, texture, play of light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment